06 Dec We’re Hiring!
Campus Greensboro is looking for a part-time Program Assistant!
Come join the Action Greensboro team as a part-time staff member! To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least 2 professional references to Lizzy Tahsuda, Director of Campus Greensboro at email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
Action Greensboro seeks an organized and motivated individual to serve as the Campus Greensboro Program Assistant.
Campus Greensboro, formerly the Opportunity Greensboro Fellows Program, launched in 2016 and includes a structured summer internship program that engages and develops college students through local industry internships, leadership development training, and quality of life experiences. With the goal of retaining local talent, these program elements fuel economic growth, better prepare college students for the 21st century workforce, and aim to level the playing field for college students from all seven colleges and universities in Greensboro.
This part-time position requires excellent organizational, multi-tasking and project management abilities, a high level of attention to detail, strong communication skills, flexibility, a good sense of humor, and a general comfort level working with diverse groups of people, including college students. A willingness to work some nights and occasional weekends is also necessary. This position reports directly to the Director of Campus Greensboro.
Action Greensboro, together with the Chamber of Commerce, serves as the city’s primary economic and community development group. Formed in 2001, Action Greensboro is comprised of six local charitable foundations and local business leaders. In collaboration with business, higher education, and municipal government, Action Greensboro works to strengthen Greensboro’s economy and ensure the continuation of its excellent quality of life. We uphold and share a bold vision for advancing the community to meet the demands of the 21st century, while driving this vision with quick action, determination, high energy and nimbleness.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate logistics of the internship recruitment process, specifically scheduling interviews between hundreds of students and dozens of employers
- Explore scheduling software options that could streamline the interview scheduling process
- Assist with the coordination, logistics, and implementation of weekly events during the summer involving Fellows, community mentors, corporate partners, and guest speakers
- Maintain employer and Fellows databases and generate new contact lists depending on the event or program
- Assist with the qualitative and quantitative assessment of the Fellows Program
- Assist in Action Greensboro’s work to advance our local economy through creativity and innovation
- Other duties as assigned
- High level of attention to detail with an eye for proofing and catching errors
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills and detail-driven planner (small and big picture)
- Strong verbal (in-person and by telephone) and written communications skills
- Comfortable communicating with a wide range of people, including college students, recruiters, and executive leaders
- Comfortable learning new technology
- An interest in event planning and project management
- Team player, with a can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in as needed to help others
- Comfortable working in a nontraditional, open-space, and dog-friendly office environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and access to a vehicle for off-site meetings and events
- Must be able to staff several evening meetings/events (up to once a week in the summer) and rare weekend events
This position is part-time and temporary with a competitive hourly pay rate. It will run from January-August 2019 for 20-25 hours per week.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
The desired start date is January 2019.
Action Greensboro and the Greensboro Chamber of Commerce are Equal Opportunity Employers and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.