College/university currently attending: *
If you have already graduated, please select the college/university you most recently attended.
Are you a first-generation college student? *
Campus Greensboro defines first-generation as a student whose parents or guardians have not completed a four-year college degree.
Preferred email address: *
This will be the main way you will receive information regarding the Fellows Program this summer. Please provide an email address you check regularly.
Phone number: * I agree to receiving text messages from Campus Greensboro with reminders and information about events. I understand that text message charges from my cell phone provider may apply. * Will you be 21+ years old by May 31, 2021? * What is your hometown? (City/State) * LinkedIn Profile: Current degree program: * Major: * Graduation Month * May August December Graduation Year * 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 Are you a Pell Grant recipient? *
Your answer is confidential and will not be linked to your name. This question is for data purposes only.
Do you receive any scholarships based on financial need? *
Your answer is confidential and will not be linked to your name. This question is for data purposes only.
What organization are you interning with this summer? * What is your internship title? * Who is your internship supervisor? (if known) * What is your internship supervisor's email address? (if known) * Who is your emergency contact? (Name, relationship) * What is your emergency contact's phone number? * What clubs/organizations are you actively involved in on your campus? * What are three words you would use to describe yourself? * What do you like to do for fun? * What did you want to be when you were growing up? * What is your current dream job? * What do you look for in a mentor? * If someone was visiting Greensboro for the first time, what would you recommend that they do? Where would you suggest they go? * How do you like to engage in your local community? (i.e. shopping local, volunteering, going to events, etc.) * If you were planning to volunteer in the community, which social issues would be most important to you? Please select three. How would you describe yourself? Please check all that apply. Please select your top three career areas of interest. * How interested are you in living in Greensboro after graduation? * Please select the top three things you consider when deciding where to live after graduation: * On a scale from 1-5, with 5 being the most connected and 1 being the least connected, how connected do you currently feel to the Greensboro community beyond your campus? * What size t-shirt do you wear? * The following events are required (and all FREE to you) as part of the Fellows Program Cohort. Please mark your calendars and check each box confirming you will attend. More detailed registration and location information for each event will be sent to you in Spring 2021 prior to the start of the program. * Tuesday, May 31 (5:30-8:30 PM): Program Kickoff & Mentor Dinner Tuesday, June 6-Wednesday, June 7 (8:30 AM-5:00 PM each day): CCL Leadership Training Friday, June 10 (6:00-8:00 PM): Networking Night Tuesday, June 14 (6:00-7:30 PM): NCCJ Workshop Tuesday, June 21 (6:00-7:30PM): Professional Development Workshop Tuesday, June 28 (6:00-8:00 PM): Get Outdoors Tuesday, July 8 (6-8:00 PM): Fellows Social Thursday, July 13 (5:30 PM-7:30 PM): On Tap: Fellows Edition Tuesday, July 19 (6:00 PM-7:30 PM): Financial Literacy Workshop Friday, July 29 (4:30PM-7:00 PM): Campus Greensboro Day Celebration As a Fellow, you will be required to participate in a free leadership training where you will earn a leadership certification. Dates for this training will be June 6-7, 2022 and your employer will know that you are required to attend. Please confirm below that you will be in attendance. * If you answered "No" to the previous question, please give a brief explanation of the reason you will not be able to attend the leadership training. Do you have any dietary restrictions? (Please check all that apply) * Do you have any dietary allergies other than those listed above? If yes, please specify. Please upload a headshot of yourself. It should be an individual photo of you - but no selfies please! *
Check our Instagram page to see acceptable headshots Fellows have submitted in the past!
I understand that I am expected to engage fully in the 2021 Campus Greensboro Fellows Program which includes attending all required events and staying in communication with Campus Greensboro staff. If I am unable to attend an event under emergency circumstances, I will communicate with Campus Greensboro staff ahead of time. I will do my best to take advantage of this wonderful and unique opportunity and enjoy my summer in Greensboro! * Photo release *
I hereby give Campus Greensboro/Action Greensboro and the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) absolute and irrevocable right and permission, with respect to the photos and or videos, in which I may be included with others:
(a) To copyright the same in the name of CCL and/or Campus Greensboro/Action Greensboro.
(b) In conjunction with other photos and or videos, in any medium and for any purpose. To
use, re-use, publish, and republish the same in whole or in part, individually or
whatsoever, including (but not by way of limitation) illustration, promotion, advertising
I hereby release and discharge CCL and/or Campus Greensboro/Action Greensboro from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the photos and/or
videos, including any and all claims for libel.
This authorization and release shall also ensure to the benefit of the legal representatives,
licensees, and assigns of CCL and/or Campus Greensboro/Action Greensboro as well as, the person(s) for whom CCL and/or Campus Greensboro/Action Greensboro photographs and/or videotapes. Checkboxes *
Campus Greensboro is an initiative of Action Greensboro dedicated to preparing college and university students for a professional environment and helping them envision a future living and working in Greensboro, North Carolina.
In furtherance of the foregoing, Campus Greensboro has developed and made available to college and university students in Greensboro its Fellows Program (the “Program”), wherein participants in the Program (“Fellows”) have an internship with a local company, receive leadership development training, and networking opportunities with key leaders in the Greensboro community, at no cost to Fellows; the funding for the Program being provided by various public and private sources, including local businesses and foundations (the foregoing, the “Program Benefits”).
As a part of the Program Benefits, Campus Greensboro shares local, paid internship opportunities with Fellows and, in connection therewith, mentors Fellows by providing career advice, helping Fellows to explore their professional passions, and expressing favorable attributes regarding certain of the available internship opportunities to help Fellows find an internship compatible with their expressed interests.
Fellows freely choose among the internship opportunities shared by Campus Greensboro and receive offers for employment as a paid intern directly from local employers that participate in the Program. Once hired, Fellows are directly employed by their chosen employer and are directly supervised by the same. Campus Greensboro neither retains any authority to supervise Fellows in their work, or to control the conditions of the Fellows’ employment.
The Fellow acknowledges that, as a condition to, and in consideration of, permitting the Fellow to participate in the Program, the Fellow and Action Greensboro make this Agreement, limiting Action Greensboro’s liability.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the agreements, covenants and conditions described herein, the parties hereto hereby agree as follows:
1. Recitals. The Recitals set forth above are incorporated as if fully set forth herein.
2. Representations of Fellow The Fellow represents and warrants that:
(1) She/he is at least 18 years old.
(2) She/he has full capacity and authority to enter into this Agreement and does not require consent from a parent or legal guardian to enter the same.
3. Limited Duties of Action Greensboro and AG Personnel. The Fellow acknowledges and agrees to the following:
(1) Action Greensboro, including its directors, officers, employees, volunteer mentors, and other agents (the foregoing, “AG Personnel”) may provide mentorship to the Fellow in furtherance of the Fellow’s professional aspirations, as further described in the Recitals (such mentorship, the “Mentorship”). Any Mentorship provided to the Fellow is particular to the Fellow and is not intended to be used by any other person. Any Mentorship provided to the Fellow by AG Personnel is based upon such AG Personnel’s actual knowledge. Except where any AG Personnel indicates differently, the Fellow acknowledges that AG Personnel have not, and will not, make any independent investigation as to any fact that may contradict the Mentorship offered by AG Personnel or as to any other matter beyond what is expressed in the Mentorship.
(2) Prior to accepting any offer of employment with an employer participant (“Employer Participant”) in Campus Greensboro, the Fellow agrees that he or she shall have the sole responsibility of conducting her or his own independent investigation of the offer of the Employer Participant, the conditions of employment with the Employer Participant, and any other matter relevant to the Fellow’s decision to accept the Employer Participant’s offer, notwithstanding any Mentorship by AG Personnel regarding the foregoing.
(3) Certain of the AG Personnel that may provide Mentorship to the Fellow may include unpaid, volunteer mentors (“Volunteer Mentors”). Volunteer Mentors are invited to participate in the Program solely based upon their professional affiliations as professed by such Volunteer Mentors to the directors, officers, and employees of Action Greensboro. The Fellow acknowledges that Action Greensboro does not, and will not, make any investigation into the personal or professional backgrounds of Volunteer Mentors. Action Greensboro may encourage the Fellow and one or more Volunteer Mentors to meet in-person or by telephone during the Program, and may facilitate the convening of such meetings through events organized by Action Greensboro where Volunteer Mentors and Fellows are encouraged to attend (any such meeting, a “Mentor Meet-Up”). The Fellow acknowledges that Action Greensboro will not supervise the conduct of any participants at a Mentor Meet-Up. The Fellow may decline to participate in a Mentor Meet-Up at any time if he or she believes his or her person or property may be at risk of any injury. If the Fellow becomes aware of any improper conduct of a Volunteer Mentor at any time, the Fellow shall notify AG Personnel, including the Director of Campus Greensboro, as soon as possible, and shall remove himself or herself from any situation that may expose him or her to any perceived risk of injury to person or property.
4. Hold Harmless. In consideration for providing the Program Benefits, including Mentorship, the Fellow hereby holds harmless Action Greensboro and its members, directors, officers, employees, and volunteer mentors, from any and all actual or alleged claims demands, causes of action, liability, loss, damage, cost, expense, and/or injury (to property or persons, including without limitation, wrongful death), that arise from (1) any injury to the Fellow’s person or property caused by the Employer Participant, including its directors, officers, employees, or agents or otherwise suffered during the course of my employment and (2) any act or omission of a Volunteer Mentor.
5. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the law of the State of North Carolina, without regard to its conflict of law principles.
6. Entire Agreement; Modification. This Agreement supersedes any and all other prior understandings and agreements, either oral or in writing, between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and constitutes the sole and only agreement between the parties with respect to the said subject matter. This Agreement may only be modified by a written agreement, signed by both parties.
7. Successors and Assigns. This Agreement is binding upon, and inures to the benefit of, the parties and their respective successors and assigns.