The 2020 Fellows Program kicks off with a dinner on May 26 and closes with a reception on August 4. Events are every Tuesday evening throughout the summer at various venues around Greensboro. The training with Center for Creative Leadership will be held on June 1-2 from 8AM-5PM both days. Below are more details about each event.
This is the first event of the 2020 Fellows Program where the Fellows meet their mentor for the first time, learn more about what’s in store for the summer, and network with one another over dinner and drinks.
- What: Program Kickoff & Mentor Dinner
- When: 6-8PM, Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- Where: The Colonnade at Revolution Mill – 900 Revolution Mill Dr, Greensboro, NC 27405
- Who: 2020 Fellows and mentors
Thank you to Replacements Ltd. and the Dawn S. Chaney Foundation for co-sponsoring this event! Also thank you to Revolution Mill for allowing us to use their beautiful space!
This is a full 2-day training during which the Fellows will receive executive leadership development through the Leonard Kaplan Leadership Institute from trainers from the Center for Creative Leadership.
- What: CCL training – Leonard Kaplan Leadership Institute
- When: Monday-Tuesday, June 1-2, 2020 – 8AM-5PM both days
- Where: O.Henry Hotel – 624 Green Valley Rd, Greensboro, NC 27408
- Who: 2020 Fellows
Thank you to the Toleo Foundation for helping to fund this opportunity, and for Quaintance-Weaver for allowing us to use their beautiful space!
The Welcome Reception is an event where Fellows have the opportunity to network with 250+ business leaders, community stakeholders, internship hosts, mentors, and other Fellows.
- What: Welcome Reception
- When: 5:30-7PM, Tuesday, June 9, 2020
- Where: TBD
- Who: 2020 Fellows, internship hosts, mentors, corporate partners, event sponsors, and university/college partners
Thank you to the Wyndham Championship for sponsoring this event!
The Get Outdoors event gives the Fellows the opportunity to explore some of the amazing green spaces in our city. Fellows will be able to decide whether they want to go kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding at Lake Brandt, play golf at Gillespie Golf Course, or play on the SKYWILD Tree Top Adventures Course at the Greensboro Science Center.
- What: Get Outdoors!
- When: 6-8PM, Tuesday, June 16, 2020
- Where: Lake Brandt, Gillespie Golf Course, and the Greensboro Science Center
- Who: 2020 Fellows
Thank you to the City of Greensboro and the Greensboro Science Center for making this opportunity possible!
At Downtown Wind Down, the Fellows will network with synerG Young Professionals, City Connectors, and Fellows Program alumni over beer and appetizers.
- What: Downtown Wind Down
- When: 5:30-7PM, Tuesday, July 7, 2020
- Where: Southend Brewing: 117B W Lewis St, Greensboro, NC 27406
- Who: 2020 Fellows, Fellows Program alumni, synerG Young Professionals, and City Connectors
The Fellows will participate in a two-part workshop with speakers covering topics such as strategic communication and conflict management.
July 30 is National Intern Day! Join us for a party in Center City Park to celebrate the value interns bring to our city. We’ll have food trucks, music, games, and more!
- What: Campus Greensboro Day Celebration on National Intern Day
- When: 11:30AM-2:30PM, Thursday, July 30, 2020
- Where: Center City Park – 200 N Elm St, Greensboro, NC 27401
- Who: 2020 Fellows, internship hosts/supervisors, mentors, community leaders… anyone is welcome to bring their interns out to celebrate with us!
The Closing Reception our last Fellows Program event of the summer. Fellows will have the opportunity to network with 250+ business leaders, community stakeholders, internship hosts, mentors, and other Fellows.