Hire a Spring Intern
The Campus Greensboro Spring Forward Program specifically targets students in their last semester of college – seniors and graduate level. The goal of Spring Forward is to connect students to paid spring internships and provide networking and leadership development opportunities to help them build their connections and transition from college to the workplace, ultimately retaining them in Greensboro.
There is not a formal application process with this program – only a “resume drop”.
How to recruit a spring intern through Spring Forward:
- Fill out this interest form where you will select the departments or areas in which you are recruiting interns (i.e., marketing, finance, healthcare, etc.).
- Campus Greensboro will work with the seven local colleges/universities to recruit students to submit their resumes for consideration of a spring internship.
- Students will submit resumes in their areas of interest by November 14, 2021 and you will receive all resumes submitted for the categories you select by November 17, 2021.
- Students will receive the list of employers who received their resumes so that they can prepare in case you select them for an interview.
- You review resumes, interview, and extend offers. Please be sure to review our suggested 2022 Spring Forward Recruiting Timeline.
- Please report your confirmed hires to Campus Greensboro by January 14, 2021.
Students who accept an internship through Spring Forward will become a “YP” (young professional) in the program. They will have monthly required events, including a full-day leadership conference.
- Assistance building and/or improving an internship program within your organization
- A large and diverse applicant pool of students from all 7 local colleges and universities, producing a larger and more diverse candidate pool
- A program that serves as a retention tool, connecting your intern(s) with the city to experience what life would be like as a young professional living and working in Greensboro
- An opportunity for your intern(s) to participate in a full-day leadership conference
- Additional training for your intern(s) focusing on professional development and networking
- A program that grows our city’s reputation as a place to land post-graduation when students realize they can build their career here
- Opportunities to increase your organization’s reach to local businesses and community members through networking events
To be eligible to participate in Spring Forward, students must be currently enrolled in one of our seven local colleges/universities (Bennett College, Elon School of Law, Elon University, Greensboro College, Guilford College, GTCC, NCA&T, or UNCG).
Organizations are responsible for paying their interns for employment, but there is no cost for interns to participate in the Spring Forward Program.
Hear from some of our current employers partners on why they work with Campus Greensboro!