Hire a Summer Intern
Campus Greensboro partners with dozens of local organizations in diverse fields looking to recruit the brightest students in our area for internships. Our Fellows Program is a competitive, 10-week summer program focused on preparing emerging talent to enter the workforce. While a student interns with an organization and learns industry knowledge, the Fellows Program provides soft skills/leadership training, networking opportunities with key leaders, and opportunities to explore the city as a young professional. This program is focused on increasing awareness of all that Greensboro has to offer our local college students, with the ultimate goal of retaining local college students post-graduation.
A highlight of the program is that all Fellows (interns) participate in a 2-day tailored leadership training through the Leonard Kaplan Leadership Institute at the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®). CCL is a top-ranked, global provider of leadership development, and during their training, students will learn how to identify elements and drivers of effective leadership, maximize their leadership capacity, address personal leadership challenges, and learn how to give and receive feedback.
- Assistance building and/or improving an internship program within your organization
- A streamlined application process
- Promotion of your opportunities to students from all 7 local colleges and universities, producing a larger and more diverse candidate pool
- A program that serves as a retention tool, connecting your intern(s) with the city to experience what life would be like as a young professional living and working in Greensboro
- An opportunity for your intern(s) to participate in a 2-day leadership training through the Center for Creative Leadership
- Additional training for your intern(s) focusing on professional development and soft skills
- A program that grows our city’s reputation as a place to land post-graduation when students realize they can build their career here
- Opportunities to increase your organization’s reach to local businesses and community members through networking events
Want assistance scheduling interviews with candidates? Become a Corporate Partner!
There are three different ways for an intern to be eligible for the Fellows Program:
Traditional: Students who attend one of our local colleges/universities (Bennett College, Elon School of Law, Elon University, Greensboro College, Guilford College, GTCC, NCA&T, or UNCG).
Guilford County Graduate: Students who graduated from a high school in Guilford County, but may be attending a college or university outside of Greensboro. See all eligible high schools here.
Sponsored: Students who do not attend a local college or university in Greensboro and who did not graduate from a high school in Guilford County; employers can sponsor participation for $1,500 per intern, which covers the costs associated with the program.
Organizations are responsible for paying their interns for employment, but there is no cost for interns to participate in the Fellows Program if they meet the traditional or Greensboro native criteria.
Do you already have a recruiting method that works for you? Your interns can still participate in the Fellows Program even if they aren’t sourced through Campus Greensboro. Learn more!
With 50,000 college students and seven local college/universities, Campus Greensboro has a mission to change the perception of Greensboro among college students. We want them to feel valued in our community, to enjoy the city, and thrive here as a young professional after graduation. Campus Greensboro conducts assessments of the students participating in the Fellows Program to measure the success of our efforts. Here you can find the latest survey results of our 2020 Fellows.
THIS SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE… WHAT’S THE CATCH?
There is no catch! The only requirements of our employer partners are:
- All internships must be paid – regardless whether a student is receiving course credit.
- But there is no cost for you to recruit through us and no cost for your interns to be in the Fellows Program.
- If you recruit an intern through us, they automatically become a Fellow.
- When students apply, they are committing to both their internship and the Fellows Program.
- Events that include our employers are optional.
- But they are great networking opportunities!
Our recruiting cycle for summer 2021 interns has ended, but it is never too early to connect about summer 2022! Please email Lizzy Tahsuda, Director of Campus Greensboro, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.