Photo release *
I hereby give Campus Greensboro and Action Greensboro absolute and irrevocable right and permission, with respect to the photos and or videos, in which I may be included with others:
(a) To copyright the same in the name of Campus Greensboro and/or Action Greensboro
(b) In conjunction with other photos and or videos, in any medium and for any purpose. To
use, re-use, publish, and republish the same in whole or in part, individually or
whatsoever, including (but not by way of limitation) illustration, promotion, advertising
I hereby release and discharge Campus Greensboro and/or Action Greensboro from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the photos and/or
videos, including any and all claims for libel.
This authorization and release shall also ensure to the benefit of the legal representatives,
licensees, and assigns of Campus Greensboro and/or Action Greensboro as well as, the person(s) for whom Campus Greensboro and/or Action Greensboro photographs and/or videotapes. Checkboxes *
Campus Greensboro is an initiative of Action Greensboro dedicated to preparing college and university students for a professional environment and helping them envision a future living and working in Greensboro, North Carolina.
In furtherance of the foregoing, Campus Greensboro has developed and made available to college and university students in Greensboro its Spring Forward Program (the “Program”), wherein participants in the Program (“Spring Forward YPs”) have an internship with a local company, receive leadership development training, and networking opportunities with key leaders in the Greensboro community, at no cost to Spring Forward YPs; the funding for the Program being provided by various public and private sources, including local businesses and foundations (the foregoing, the “Program Benefits”).
As a part of the Program Benefits, Campus Greensboro shares local, paid internship opportunities with Spring Forward YPs and, in connection therewith, mentors Spring Forward YPs by providing career advice, helping Spring Forward YPs to explore their professional passions, and expressing favorable attributes regarding certain of the available internship opportunities to help Spring Forward YPs find an internship compatible with their expressed interests.
Spring Forward YPs freely choose among the internship opportunities shared by Campus Greensboro and receive offers for employment as a paid intern directly from local employers that participate in the Program. Once hired, Spring Forward YPs are directly employed by their chosen employer and are directly supervised by the same. Campus Greensboro neither retains any authority to supervise Spring Forward YPs in their work, or to control the conditions of the Spring Forward YPs’ employment.
The Spring Forward YP acknowledges that, as a condition to, and in consideration of, permitting the Spring Forward YP to participate in the Program, the Spring Forward YP and Action Greensboro make this Agreement, limiting Action Greensboro’s liability.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the agreements, covenants and conditions described herein, the parties hereto hereby agree as follows:
1. Recitals. The Recitals set forth above are incorporated as if fully set forth herein.
2. Representations of Spring Forward YP. The Spring Forward YP represents and warrants that:
(1) She/he is at least 18 years old.
(2) She/he has full capacity and authority to enter into this Agreement and does not require consent from a parent or legal guardian to enter the same.
3. Limited Duties of Action Greensboro and AG Personnel. The Fellow acknowledges and agrees to the following:
(1) Action Greensboro, including its directors, officers, employees, volunteer mentors, and other agents (the foregoing, “AG Personnel”) may provide mentorship to the Spring Forward YP in furtherance of the Spring Forward YP's professional aspirations, as further described in the Recitals (such mentorship, the “Mentorship”). Any Mentorship provided to the Spring Forward YP is particular to the Spring Forward YP and is not intended to be used by any other person. Any Mentorship provided to the Spring Forward YP by AG Personnel is based upon such AG Personnel’s actual knowledge. Except where any AG Personnel indicates differently, the Spring Forward YP acknowledges that AG Personnel have not, and will not, make any independent investigation as to any fact that may contradict the Mentorship offered by AG Personnel or as to any other matter beyond what is expressed in the Mentorship.
(2) Prior to accepting any offer of employment with an employer participant (“Employer Participant”) in Campus Greensboro, the Spring Forward YP agrees that he or she shall have the sole responsibility of conducting her or his own independent investigation of the offer of the Employer Participant, the conditions of employment with the Employer Participant, and any other matter relevant to the Spring Forward YP's decision to accept the Employer Participant’s offer, notwithstanding any Mentorship by AG Personnel regarding the foregoing.
(3) Certain of the AG Personnel that may provide Mentorship to the Spring Forward YP may include unpaid, volunteer mentors (“Volunteer Mentors”). Volunteer Mentors are invited to participate in the Program solely based upon their professional affiliations as professed by such Volunteer Mentors to the directors, officers, and employees of Action Greensboro. The Spring Forward YP acknowledges that Action Greensboro does not, and will not, make any investigation into the personal or professional backgrounds of Volunteer Mentors. Action Greensboro may encourage the Spring Forward YP and one or more Volunteer Mentors to meet in-person or by telephone during the Program, and may facilitate the convening of such meetings through events organized by Action Greensboro where Volunteer Mentors and Spring Forward YPs are encouraged to attend (any such meeting, a “Mentor Meet-Up”). The Spring Forward YP acknowledges that Action Greensboro will not supervise the conduct of any participants at a Mentor Meet-Up. The Spring Forward YP may decline to participate in a Mentor Meet-Up at any time if he or she believes his or her person or property may be at risk of any injury. If the Spring Forward YP becomes aware of any improper conduct of a Volunteer Mentor at any time, the Spring Forward YP shall notify AG Personnel, including the Director of Campus Greensboro, as soon as possible, and shall remove himself or herself from any situation that may expose him or her to any perceived risk of injury to person or property.
4. Hold Harmless. In consideration for providing the Program Benefits, including Mentorship, the Spring Forward YP hereby holds harmless Action Greensboro and its members, directors, officers, employees, and volunteer mentors, from any and all actual or alleged claims demands, causes of action, liability, loss, damage, cost, expense, and/or injury (to property or persons, including without limitation, wrongful death), that arise from (1) any injury to the Spring Forward YP's person or property caused by the Employer Participant, including its directors, officers, employees, or agents or otherwise suffered during the course of my employment and (2) any act or omission of a Volunteer Mentor.
5. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the law of the State of North Carolina, without regard to its conflict of law principles.
6. Entire Agreement; Modification. This Agreement supersedes any and all other prior understandings and agreements, either oral or in writing, between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and constitutes the sole and only agreement between the parties with respect to the said subject matter. This Agreement may only be modified by a written agreement, signed by both parties.
7. Successors and Assigns. This Agreement is binding upon, and inures to the benefit of, the parties and their respective successors and assigns.