Action Greensboro is seeking a dynamic leader to further our talent development strategy. The Director of Talent Development will be responsible for corporate, higher education and talent development partnerships, understanding and tracking workforce needs through relationship building and data collection, as well as directing and growing Campus Greensboro.
Position Title: Director of Talent Development
Reports To: Executive Director of Action Greensboro
Overview: Talent development is a top priority of Action Greensboro and the Greensboro Chamber of Commerce’s strategic plan. Talent development strategies include 1) Supporting the strategic growth of Action Greensboro’s signature talent pipeline programs including Campus Greensboro, synerG Young Professionals and Boomerang Greensboro. 2) Capitalizing on higher education institutions to invest in innovative collaborations, focusing on future workforce needs. 3) Increasing existing industry awareness and increase high wage opportunities for both current residents and talent that is being recruited from other cities.
This full-time, salaried position requires excellent organizational, multi-tasking and project management abilities, a high level of attention to detail, strong communication skills, fundraising and budget management experience, flexibility, a good sense of humor and a general comfort level working with diverse groups of people, including college students, donors, business professionals, and
community/city leaders. A willingness to work some nights and occasional weekends is also necessary. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Action Greensboro.
About the Organization: The Greensboro Chamber of Commerce (Chamber) is the largest business organization in the Triad and serves as the principal economic and community development organization in Greensboro. We accomplish our work through four program areas: Action Greensboro, Economic Development, Launch Greensboro, and Member Engagement. There is support for these programs’ areas provided by Governmental Affairs, Marketing & Communications, and HR/Finance/Administration.
Action Greensboro, together with the Chamber of Commerce, serves as the city’s primary economic and community development group. Formed in 2001, Action Greensboro is comprised of six local charitable foundations and local business leaders. In collaboration with business, higher education, and municipal government, Action Greensboro works to strengthen Greensboro’s economy and ensure the
continuation of its excellent quality of life. We uphold and share a bold vision for advancing the community to meet the demands of the 21st century, while driving this vision with quick action, determination, high energy and nimbleness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Director of Talent Development will provide thought leadership on connecting higher education,
industry, and the community of Greensboro to support retaining college students in our city post-graduation.
The person in this role will:
– Drive and scale Campus Greensboro through expansion and adaptation of current programs and creation of innovative efforts to fit the current needs of industry.
– Lead Campus Greensboro fundraising efforts through corporate asks, higher education partnerships, event sponsorships, and grant-writing; build and maintain donor relationships to sustain and grow.
– Convene conversations and strategies aligned around talent development and recruitment to support Campus Greensboro, synerG Young Professionals, Boomerang Greensboro and other Chamber talent/workforce development strategies. Serve as the point of contact for higher education leadership, facilitating industry connections
– Gather and analyze vital talent/workforce data to evaluate the current and emerging trends in
workforce needs for employers.
– Understand evolving talent needs in our community, using that knowledge to strategize future goals and tactics of talent development efforts.
– Follow trends in higher education, educational attainment, and its relation to economic development.
– Measure and track progress using benchmarks and metrics set by the Action Greensboro Advisory Group.
– Identify new employer partners and manage existing employer relationships, connections to higher education, and expertise on young talent attraction and retention
– Develop strategies for increasing collaboration between educational partners and employers to meet emerging talent and workforce needs.
– Ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of talent/workforce programming, consistently reviewing policies and protocols through a lens of equity
– Create and manage the Campus Greensboro budget.
– Supervise the Campus Greensboro Student Engagement Manager
Education & Skill Requirements:
– Excellent communication, community building, and human relations skills, including comfort working with college students, industry experts, and community leaders
– Proven experience in fundraising and budget management
– Strong networker and relationship manager with exceptional interpersonal skills
– Creative and strategic thinker; flexible, adaptable, and outcomes-oriented
– Strong public speaker
– Excellent organizational skills and detail-driven planner (small and big picture)
– Proven competence in project management and event planning
– Experience in community outreach and marketing
– Proficient in various technology, including WordPress, social media platforms, application portals, and Microsoft Office software
– Ability to balance work on an individual basis and as a part of a team
– Good team player, with a can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in as needed to help others
– Comfort working in a nontraditional, open space office environment
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter and two professional references to Cecelia Thompson, Executive Director, Action Greensboro at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.